Keekorok Lodge is built directly on the path of the wildebeest migration.
Lodge was the
first lodge built in the Masai Mara. At the height of the
migration, Keekorok lodge is surrounded by a swarming mass of
animals both wildebeest and zebras, and there is hardly any need to go on a game drive.
Accommodation at Keekorok is in bungalows, single-story blocks
and in comfortable shaded chalets. The liberal use of cedar
wood, pink and gray sand river stone, and other indigenous
building materials offset the green lawns and colorful
- Well-trained chefs prepare international and local
- A 300 meter raised walkway winds through the forest in
front of the lodge to a thatched sundowner bar overlooking
the plains of the Masai Mara and a pool with resident
- There are no fences around Keekorok Lodge thus it is not
uncommon to see elephants and buffalos on the perimeter of
- The terrace overlooks mowed lawns and a swimming pool.
- Wildlife and videos are screened, and lectures on Maasai
lifestyle are held regularly.
- F Kings Tours and safaris can also arrange a hot air balloon safari at
dawn ending in a champagne style
- In the evening many guests sit around the log fire in
the lounge, which creates an opportunity to meet other
people from around the world.
Read more about the Keekorok Lodge visit